608.333.2127 | email@example.com
Creative, resourceful, results-driven website development, design, and digital marketing consultant with more than a decade of experience successfully managing clients’ digital presence — from small start-ups to super-star national brands. Exceptionally skilled at meeting business objectives through end-to-end digital product design and execution. Equally comfortable working independently and with teams. Flexible, organized, collaborative, courageous.
NETWORK OF CLIENTS
Ancora String Quartet
CK Lawn & Landscape
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Cricket Design Works
Cycling Sports Group
Dr. Becker's Bites
Echelon Health Pro
Five Lakes Home Energy Audits
Horseshoe Beverage Company
Howard Grote & Sons
Jim Collins Foundation
Lake Forest Plastic Surgery
Lussier Community Education Center
Madison Birth Center
Mind Body Soul
Mode Realty Network
Nelson's Barbershop & Shave Supply
Off The Page Education
PATCH (Providers and Teens Communicating for Health)
Rare Africa Travel
Rule The Room
Rule The Room Financial
Rule The Room Train The Trainer
Simply List, LLC
St John Design Group Group
Tree Health Management
Trilliant Food Group
Vineyard Chic Kitchens
Warm at Twenty Below
Wellnova Consumer Healthcare
WI Alliance for Women's Health
Owner / Consultant, Go Studio Web (Madison WI), 2010 to present
- Founded and manage independent consulting practice creating thoughtful, user-centric online and mobile experiences in partnership with 70+ nonprofit, community-based, business, and public-sector clients
- Discover clients’ aspirations, take direction, plan projects, prioritize tasks, communicate efficiently, and deliver quality service
Portfolio of Select Long-Term Clients
- Cycling Sports Group, 2010 to present
World’s leading bike portfolio company, sold in more than 100 countries globally. Transitioned in 2010 from staff web coordinator to freelance content manager, website developer, website designer. In addition to current sites (listed here), past sites include Schwinnsivica, Mongoose Jam, Schwinn SmartStart, Roadmaster, Cannondale, Ironhorse, GURU, Instep, and Sugoi.
- Fair Wisconsin, 2012 to present
One of Wisconsin’s most respected advocacy groups for fair and equitable treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) people. Led full site redesigns in 2012 and 2019 with freelance site maintenance and hosting between. Next up: statewide equality map.
- Thorps, 2013 to present
Community-minded neighborhood barbershop. Redesigned original site in 2013. Refreshed again 2018. Continue to offer maintenance and hosting.
- John Design Group, 2014 to present
www.stjohndg.com | www.ravensoundsoftware.com | www.janbiotech.com | www.ifyber.com | www.abzymetx.com | www.rareafricatravel.com | www.lewisandbarkboarding.com | www.jordifernandezlaw.com | www.wizardingweekend.com
Full-service creative agency in Ithaca NY. Freelance website development, trade show touchscreen app development and maintenance, digital marketing, and UX design. Also created client-based ordering and inventory management system for tradeshow clients.
- Lussier Community Education Center, 2016 to present
Forty-year nonprofit community center in Madison WI. Led complete site redesign and development with new staffers 2016-2017. Trained staff for site updates and monthly enewsletter. Pro bono hosting and site support.
- Edge Construction Company, 2016 to present
Rapidly-growing team of interior remodeling carpenters. Created first site in 2016. Launched redesign in 2019. Next up: digital marketing strategy.
- Tree Health Management and These Trees, 2017 to present
Complete, sustainable, environmentally-friendly full-service tree and shrub health service. Original Tree Health redesign in 2017. Site maintenance, hosting, and digital marketing. Startup e-commerce site for These Trees in 2018.
- Victor Allen Coffee / Trilliant Food Group, 2010 to 2018
Local start-up that grew from micro-roaster to regional roaster to vertically integrated coffee manufacturer. Created Victor Allen’s main site and first-ever e-commerce site (since overwritten). Guided branding, website design/development, digital marketing, and UX.
Web Coordinator, Pacific Cycle Inc. (Madison WI), 2008 to 2010
- Collaborated to design, manage, update, and ensure success of schwinnbikes.com, www.gtbicycles.com, www.mongoose.com, www.cannondale.com, and www.kidtraxtoys.com
- Recommended, implemented, and maximized impact of social media strategies, including podcasts and video
- Participated in competitive analyses, functional reviews, and other site and industry research
- Used site analytic tools and sales data to guide ongoing development
- Assisted with implementation and maintenance of SEO/SEM initiatives
- Led quality assurance and testing for new website implementation and upgrades
- Managed administrative rights to websites and other web-based tools
Website Manager, Monkey Bar Gym (Madison WI), 2006 to 2008
- Managed all aspects of gym website (monkeybargym.com), including e-commerce, e-marketing, affiliate program, and online fitness journal
- Set up and maintained shopping cart: Wrote product copy, shot and optimized product photos; managed PayPal and authorized AIM accounts
- Maintained affiliate program; approved and supported affiliates; generated payments
- Managed Google Adwords participation; tracked and tested ads for best conversion
- Monitored and tracked site traffic, bounce rates, time on site, new vs. returning visits; adapted site to optimize traffic